Home > Online grievance > Subject Regarding Family Court, Bangalore – Complaint to President

Subject Regarding Family Court, Bangalore – Complaint to President

Your Request/Grievance is Registered Successfully!! 
Your Request/Grievance Registration Number is : PRSEC/E/2010/11558


Registration Number : PRSEC/E/2010/11558
Name : Shri P Suresh
Date of Receipt : 26 Jul 2010
Current Status : The petition is transferred
Date of Transfer : 29 Jul 2010
Ministry/Department : Department of Justice
Officer’s Name : Shri S.B. Biswas
Designation : Director(HC&J)
Address : R.No: 12, Jaisalmer House,
  Mansingh Road,
  New Delhi
Telephone No. : 23381496

Dear Sir, 

We request your kind self to take measures regarding the huge pendency in the family court Bangalore. As per media reports thousands of cases are pending in the family court, Bangalore from many years. To get divorce or child custody it takes many years. Even to dispose an interim application it takes many months. The litigants go to the family court just to get another date. Adjournments, delay and endless wait in the Family Court are the norm of the day. These litigants need to be treated with extra care and emotion as these cases are different from a cheque bounce or a property dispute case. These cases involve human emotions and sentiments. 

Our NGO works very closely with family court litigants and we provide counseling and other possible advice and help to the litigants of the family court. These litigants have a failed marriage and had already undergone lot of trouble, harassment and mental torture due to a failed marriage. Such litigants approach Family Court to get some relief or Justice. But they are further tortured and harassed by a system which is extremely slow, inefficient and insensitive to the needs of such litigants. 

Our NGO has received cases where litigants are having suicidal tendencies due to the in-ordinate delays in disposing the cases. In order to alleviate the sufferings of the litigants of family courts, we wish to present the following list of proposals and suggestions to your kind self: 

  • Induct more judges and extend the court timings to late evenings.
  • Family courts should start an evening shift in addition to the regular day shift.
  • Due to the heavy pendency of the cases Family Courts should operate on Sundays also with additional judges.
  • Additional 6 more family courts in addition to the existing 4 family courts should be opened without any further delay to cope up with the huge pendency.
  • The Family Courts shall ensure that all matrimonial cases be disposed within a period of Six months.
  • The Family Courts to officially suspend the practice of summer vacation to the benches till the time limit of Six months is met.
  • The Family Courts to officially state that no new cases to be taken till the old ones are disposed.
  • All long-pending (one year and above) cases should be transferred to the Fast Track Courts to dispose of within a time limit.
  • Family Court records must be computerized so that old cases can be disposed on a priority basis and cases can be tracked scientifically.
  • As there are overload on the court on a particular date and less-load on some dates hence the practice of giving dates in the open court must be stopped. Instead dates must be given by the computer section like in Supreme Court or judges should be given computer training and computers must be installed so that dates are given in a scientific way.
  • The tendency of one party to drag the cases to delay the proceeding must be dealt severely with heavy cost and other means.
  • Judges must be sensitized to the fact that they are dealing with the cases involving Human life that are driven by emotional issues in case of matrimonial issues which are very different from a criminal case.

Please save the family and thereby save our great Nation to retain India a Vasudeva Kutumbaham. 

Jai Hind 

With profound respects,
P Suresh, President,
National Family Harmony Society 

About National Family Harmony Society: National Family Harmony Society NFHS is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) promoting the cause of family harmony and gender equality. It is registered under The Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960 and is based in Bangalore. We have branches in more than 16 states and in abroad too. We have approximately 14500 members all over India. To know more about us please visit www.family-harmony.org / www.498a.org.in.

Categories: Online grievance
  1. Sreenivasulu K
    November 4, 2010 at 9:54 am


    I am Sreenivas from Bellary, Karnakata state , I was working as software engineer in Bangalore past 5 years. I got marriage on 06/07/2007 with Sandhya she is from Hospet, Karnataka state, with arrange marriage.
    My father’s has government employee and well and family.
    basically we got marriaged from poor family. her father’s working small cotage Barbar shop.
    this girl has adopted. her parents don’t have kids.
    After my marriage they have big plane on me, because I am working as software engineer and earning good salary. they want to take me and stay with there house. and whatever I got salary they want complete my salary and they maintaining my life.
    I don’t want to stay her place, because I am only one son in my father’s.
    After marriage we staying in Bangalore for 6 month. one day her mother called her to come to Hospet. she left from my home (Banglore).
    After that we had 4 panchayath, ourself we went to her place. still they don’t want to send to my place (Bangalore).
    After that I put a case on her in Family court Banglore on Apr 2009, for I want my wife and to come and join my life.
    after she getting these notice. she put a dowery case on my section 498(a)and many other harassament cases to whole family (including my 3 sisters and 3 brother-inlaws.
    she written alligation cases total 10 pges.
    on 23/10/2009 I was working in company , police came to my office and arrested me. and they put a jail for 10 days.
    from that day I am job less. now I am not feeling well, my health was spoiled.
    My request is please change the section 498(a) rules ,
    Becasue now days girl’s are taking advantage for money matter and spoiling and killing professional good boys life.

    still court case is running

    Please help us
    and we waiting back to normal good life….

    Thanks & Regards,
    +91 7760376000
    Karnataka State – India

  2. Beauty Das
    January 6, 2011 at 9:43 am

    i need your help as i am suffiring from injustice from court by my husband.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: